Tuesday, October 1, 2013

2234 Words

Bruce shifts his shoulders a bit at the door before he opens it, lifting – he hopes – the heavy cloak of dread and sadness he knows he’s wearing.  He pushes quietly at the lock and eases into the entryway. 


(Okay...I know I didn't catch up today, but I did hit the mark...just.  This is how deadline freaks work.  I started by re-writing most of what I wrote yesterday...so if yesterday's sentence seems to be in a slightly different voice, that's why.  I am also wondering how long caramels last, since I opened a bag I found in the pantry and ate about 200 of them while I was pounding away here.  They tasted a bit funny.  Oh well.  Now I'm wondering how late Pei Wei is open...look for a finished book and a fat butt on my birthday!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment